Choosing a caregiver for a loved one can sometimes be a daunting task. This is especially the case when the caregiver will be coming into the home and working with your parent, grandparent, or other beloved relative. At Pennsylvania Agency of Nurses, we take great pride in our caregivers, and we truly believe that the service we provide is a cut above the rest. Allow us to share some of the ways in which our home care agency differentiates itself in the most important way: the people doing the most important work!
PAN is very judicious in hiring in home caregivers
An important distinction to understand is the difference between a home care agency and a home care registry. While both are quite common, and both provide caregivers for the home, the way they each operate (and what that means for your family as a client) can vary greatly. The most important distinction between agencies and registries is that caregivers are employees of an agency, whereas caregivers in a registry are independent contractors. In the first scenario, the agency (Pennsylvania Agency of Nurses, for instance) is responsible for payroll taxes, bonding and licensing, worker’s comp, and more. This is an additional level of liability and training that ultimately protects both clients and caregivers alike. For more on the differences between home care agencies and home care registries, read an earlier blog.
Meet some of our award-winning Caregivers!
Because caregivers become employees of PAN, that means we take extra care to vet our job applicants. It is in our interest to have thoughtful, competent, compassionate caregivers because they are representing not only themselves, but our agency as a whole. Our management staff works very hard to create an environment of respect and dignity in the workplace, so that our caregivers are happy and find meaning in their work...which is then reflected in their interactions with clients!
Our in home caregivers are continually trained to remain at a high level of competence
In addition to licensing requirements from the state of Pennsylvania, we at PAN make an effort to keep ourselves current on best practices, industry standards, and more. Here is an example of some of the extra training we facilitate for our caregivers on a monthly basis:
- Diabetes (read more about Diabetes)
- Non Verbal Pain Indicators
- Proper Handwashing
- Education on Norovirus
- Safe Transfers
- Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia (read more about cognitive impairment)
- Infection Control
- Client Centered Care (read more about our philosophy)
- Transient Ischemic Attacks
...and much more! Our Home Health Aides (HHA) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are an integral part of our caregiving team, and do the largest amount of day-to-day to work for our clients. We structure the majority of our training around our CNAs & HHAs so that they continue to grow in competence and proficiency...which benefits all of our clients!
Most importantly...our in home caregivers love their work!!!
Providing quality in home care is definitely a job based on serving others...which takes a special sort of person. When we hire caregivers, we want to make sure they are kind, motivated people who are driven by helping others. Then, we provide the training and education necessary to succeed as a PAN caregiver, and strive to create an environment where people are happy to work. Let’s hear it from our caregivers directly, though:
- "I want to help people who are unable to help themselves. I think about my mother, and who would help her if she ever needed it. You don’t know when you’re going to need someone else’s help, and that’s why I like to help people in this job."
- “I am very proud to be an employee of Pennsylvania Agency of Nurses not only because they provide outstanding services for their clients but they also have a wonderful rapport with their employees. The staff is very professional, efficient, appreciative, compassionate, empathetic, and will help restore the joy in your family life."
- "I see the needs of my clients and have empathy for them, their needs and pains...working in the home care field, as a caregiver with PAN, has been the best decision I have ever made in my life."
Are PAN caregivers the right fit for your family?
If your family is looking for competent, compassionate, skilled caregivers to provide in home care, we would love the opportunity to earn your business. Read our Client Testimonials, or Contact Us today to learn more!